Our mission is to provide a caring, healthy and challenging environment where children prepare to meet with confidence, imagination, and integrity, the challenges of life.
In partnership with supportive families, we strive to develop in each child the desire and discipline to grow in wisdom, to lead lives of personal honour, to embrace diversity, to appreciate beauty, to pursue physical well being and to interact with others with a generous and compassionate spirit.
In fulfilling our mission, we subscribe to the following core beliefs:
- That the ultimate goal of education is to cultivate in each student a lifelong passion for learning.
- That each student’s academic potential is most fully realized through a challenging and varied curriculum under pinned with appropriate support.
- That students learn best in a respectful, supportive community of trust where each student’s learning needs and abilities are understood and accommodated as fully as possible.
- That intellectual growth requires not only the acquisition of knowledge, but its application in analytical, creative and expressive ways that make learning meaningful to the student.
- That physical and emotional health is critical to the development of each student's personal potential.
- That each student’s life is enriched in a diverse community where differences among people are affirmed and celebrated.
- That the school shares with families the responsibility for fostering in each student a strength of character, a sense of personal responsibility and an attitude of tolerance and compassion.
- That the development of leadership in each student should include instilling a commitment to use one’s knowledge, skills and resources in the service of others.